Need Foster/Home for Pigeon

Postby ArtGypsy » April 10th, 2011, 8:17 pm

:( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

We have tried to make this work-----crate/rotating with 3 dogs in tiny home is simply putting too much stress on my family.

She is a SWEET Dog... :cry: .............I Care for her very much...........but the chaos, the "screaming' she does from the crate, the chasing of the cats...she gets Dar wound up and then he's barking like crazy--cats are flying.

with FIVE people living in a TWO BEDROOM NO BASEMENT (albeit Kelcie is in college. but she doesn't even want to stay on weekends because the barking/screaming chaos begins early), resentments have grown to the point our family relationships are strained.

I don't know what our options are...........we have NO pit bull rescues and York Adopt a Pet won't take Pit Bulls anyway.
Lincoln has a Humane Society (where I got Dar), but I would hope to do a foster home somewhere.

I'm feeling like a failure.............well, even worse than that. But even I AVOID coming home at night . There's no quiet place, we're all crammed in here or people are stomping out and leaving because it's chaotic.
Nicer weather will "help" but will not solve the problem.

Please.......where do I start trying to find a rescue/shelter/foster home for her?
What If PAY one to take her?
How do I find out if they are reputable??
“Hope has two beautiful daughters: their names are Anger and Courage.
Anger that things are the way they are.
Courage to make them the way they ought to be.”----Augustine
ArtGypsy
First I Caught Her, Then I Didn't Share My Fries

Postby mnp13 » April 10th, 2011, 9:20 pm

I'm so sorry for what's going on.

I don't have much advice or help, but the only thing I would say about the rescues is if you don't have personal knowledge of them or have a reference from someone who has worked with them (one degree of separation) then don't get involved. Some exceptions of course - the big national rescues for example - but outside of that, I don't trust any rescues on "internet reputation" anymore; good or bad.

I'm on a bunch of DNR lists, you've been to my home, what part of me and how I care for my animals says "DNR"? But I'm on them because I was involved with a horder rescue effort a few years ago. Good rescues get trashed for no reason, bad rescues look squeeky clean.

I hate to say don't trust anyone... but the rescue world is seriously screwed up. *sigh*
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby airwalk » April 10th, 2011, 9:30 pm

Grace, try messaging Vi or Jenn, then will be able to give you good guidance. I'm sorry sometimes a dog just doesn't fit right and no matter how you try it just isn't going to fit.
airwalk
I live here

Postby pitsnok » April 11th, 2011, 1:32 am

I have no advice, but just wanted to say that I feel your pain. Boss still screams right when we let the other dogs out, or if someone comes in the house while he's crated. It really does take its toll. Not to mention crating and rotating sucks! :hug3:
~Brittany, Degan and Harlow's mom

"It is true that Pit Bulls grab and hold on. But what they most often grab and refuse to let go of is your heart, not your arm."
pitsnok
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby iluvk9 » April 11th, 2011, 5:47 am

All I can add is that it isn't your "fault" or lack of trying that this didn't work out well.
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby pitsnok » April 12th, 2011, 3:26 am

iluvk9 wrote:All I can add is that it isn't your "fault" or lack of trying that this didn't work out well.

She's right you know!
~Brittany, Degan and Harlow's mom

"It is true that Pit Bulls grab and hold on. But what they most often grab and refuse to let go of is your heart, not your arm."
pitsnok
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby TheRedQueen » April 12th, 2011, 6:05 pm

pitsnok wrote:
iluvk9 wrote:All I can add is that it isn't your "fault" or lack of trying that this didn't work out well.

She's right you know!

Ditto, ditto, ditto...

People always ask how I can foster, and let dogs go...and honestly, most of the time, they just don't "fit" for some reason. Sometimes multiple reasons...and you always have to put YOUR needs (family's needs) first, before the foster dog. If you can't live with certain things, it's not fair to force everyone (humans, dogs, cats, etc) to live that way. So I applaud you for giving it more than a fair shake...and I also applaud you for realizing that it's not working.

I wish I knew of someone that could help you out. Do you have some pics/info that I can crosspost via Facebook?
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen
I thought I lost my Wiener... but then I found him.

Return to Rescue