Training treats?

This forum is all about training and behavior. Everything from potty training to working titles!

Postby TheRedQueen » April 11th, 2011, 9:05 am

I have some new treat recipes that I'm working on...one is coconut-banana...:) then a grain-free liver brownie, and a ginger-molasses treat too.

Still tweaking and making sure everything works before they go live...;)
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen
I thought I lost my Wiener... but then I found him.

Postby amalie79 » August 10th, 2011, 11:22 am

Not training treats per se, but I'm using them in crate training...

Erin gave me a link last year for Kong stuffing ideas where you freeze dog food in ice cube trays and use those for quick fillers.

I finally got around to it and it's AWESOME.

I bought some cheap WalMart ice cube trays and used an extra can of Holistic Select dog food that I never used. Sprayed it with some oil... And voila! They are juuuust too big for the Kong opening, so I have to squeeze the kong to wedge the thing in there. One cube doesn't last a super duper long time, but it's nice to give the little one something super awesome to nibble on while we're winding down for bed time, or when we forget to make kongs the night before... or aren't going to be gone long. And I'm sure I can make 2 fit if I need to, though I might need to buy slightly different shaped trays. Anyway, I love it. :)

Now I'm thinking of all the other things I can use the ice trays for-- freeze chicken stock, honey yogurt, baby food, yogurt with savories frozen in it, like pieces of cheese or chicken. It's opened up a whole new world!!
"In these bodies, we will live; in these bodies we will die.
Where you invest your love, you invest your life." --Marcus Mumford

--Amalie
amalie79
Loyally Bully

Previous

Return to Training & Behavior