RIP Denver, Service Dog

Postby TheRedQueen » May 5th, 2011, 7:40 pm

I just found out that one of my favorite Fidos Service Dogs...a dog that I puppy raised and trained, Denver passed away. He was four years old...cancer got him.

http://www.fidosforfreedom.org/assist-d ... denver.php

I'm still in shock. :cry:
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen
I thought I lost my Wiener... but then I found him.

Postby pitbullmamaliz » May 5th, 2011, 7:42 pm

How sad... RIP Denver... :(
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby Pit♥bull » May 5th, 2011, 8:22 pm

R.I.P. Denver
rainbow.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Pit♥bull
Supremely Bully

Postby madremissy » May 5th, 2011, 8:46 pm

I am so sorry Erin. RIP Denver.
madremissy
I have a basketball and I'm not afraid to use it.

Postby Hundilein » May 5th, 2011, 10:16 pm

I remember when he was a baby puppy named Sawyer who stayed at my house overnight. He always had this look on his face like he was worried about something (and not the brightest). RIP Denver.
Sarah and Renee - aka wild child
Hundilein
Loyally Bully

Postby TheRedQueen » May 5th, 2011, 10:30 pm

Hundilein wrote:I remember when he was a baby puppy named Sawyer who stayed at my house overnight. He always had this look on his face like he was worried about something (and not the brightest). RIP Denver.

That's right! I forgot his name was Sawyer originally...I renamed him at Fidos, because I couldn't have two Sawyers in the house! lol

He was one of the best SDs Fidos put out...he was smart, steady, reliable...and wasn't prone to having freak-outs when he saw his puppy raisers...lol. He stuck to his human partner like glue, and worked hard.
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen

Postby iluvk9 » May 6th, 2011, 6:05 am

:( He was adorable. I am so sorry, Erin.

His owner/partner must be devastated, too.
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby TinaMartin » May 8th, 2011, 7:20 pm

RIP Denver. :(
Not only am I a member of the Michelle says my dog is fat club I'm the president!
I can Alpha Roll hair!
TinaMartin
The Hair Whisperer

Postby TheRedQueen » May 8th, 2011, 8:59 pm

Wonder why I left Fidos? Check out this message that got sent out today...I must be chopped liver and had nothing to do with this dog...*sigh*...since my name isn't mentioned at all.

Denver - December 10, 2007 to May 3, 2011

It is with tremendous sadness that I must announce the loss of Denver, Wayne Rutschke's Service Dog. Wayne and Denver had just graduated as a team in April. Denver was very recently diagnosed with a very aggressive form of lymphoma that was progressing extremely rapidly.

Denver was a wonderful dog, originally donated as a puppy from Carrabus Pet Society Rescue Group. . He was lovingly raised by Brenda Swann and then our prison program in Cumberland. Andrea Barrett was his longtime trainer, he passed through my home and then the Bowman family with Samantha Bowman as his placing trainer. As Tracy Bowman said, Denver leaves behind a string of broken hearted trainers who loved and will greatly miss "D Dog".

But most of all, we want to offer our condolences and support to Wayne. He worked very hard to be matched with Denver as his successor dog to Gallagher, his first Service Dog. He and Denver had become a good team, with great love and affection for each other. Denver loved working for him. I cannot imagine the loss Wayne is going through, losing Denver in what was expected to be the prime of his life. We will all always remember Denver and the joy in living that Denver always had.

TheRedQueen

Postby fenella » May 8th, 2011, 10:48 pm

I didn't realize until I saw the FB post. So sad...I loved Denver. Such a pretty red dog, so sweet, very smart. Loved having him in class. You did a great job with him.
Guess they only mention those still there.
I'm stunned to hear of his death.
fenella
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby iluvk9 » May 9th, 2011, 5:49 am

Erin, just keep in your mind that YOU made a difference to Denver and HE knows and remembers that.
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Return to Our Departed Friends