Big B

Here is where we can discuss canine cancers and treatment options to create a support system for those dealing with the disease.

Postby BigDogBuford » June 5th, 2011, 10:16 am

iluvk9 wrote:Well, it looks better but it is still gross. :shock: Does he walk on it without pulling the skin open?

That's why it's splinted. Without the splint every time he bent his hock it was tearing stiches/staples. The splint keeps him from bending it.
~Jeanine

You never know when it will strike, but there comes a moment at work when you know that you just aren't going to do anything productive for the rest of the day.
BigDogBuford
I love snipe hunts.

Postby iluvk9 » June 5th, 2011, 11:24 am

Oh! Right! :doh:
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby BigDogBuford » June 5th, 2011, 11:47 am

iluvk9 wrote:Oh! Right! :doh:

It's a good question! I just wish we'd splinted it sooner but there's always an increased risk of infection when you splint a healing wound so it's a gamble either way!
~Jeanine

You never know when it will strike, but there comes a moment at work when you know that you just aren't going to do anything productive for the rest of the day.
BigDogBuford
I love snipe hunts.

Postby Pit♥bull » June 22nd, 2011, 9:23 am

Hey Jeanine,
How about an update :)
Pit♥bull
Supremely Bully

Postby BigDogBuford » June 22nd, 2011, 9:51 am

Ugh, sorry guys.....been super busy with the new job! Big B is all done with the bandages and splints and has just a tiny scab smaller than the size of a pencil eraser left to heal. No more donut collar and Big B *finally* got a bath which was a good thing because he was super stinky.

He's still limping a little bit and we're going to start some physical therapy once his leg is all healed up.
~Jeanine

BigDogBuford
I love snipe hunts.

Postby Pit♥bull » June 22nd, 2011, 10:05 am

Thanks Jeanine, I ♥ good updates :)
Pit♥bull
Supremely Bully

Postby Malli » June 22nd, 2011, 3:22 pm

yay Big B!
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day, tomorrow doesn't look good either.
E-I-E-I-O!

Postby iluvk9 » June 22nd, 2011, 4:09 pm

Good news :) When I don't hear anything for awhile, I am afraid to ask, so I am glad you posted.
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby mnp13 » June 23rd, 2011, 9:46 am

YAY!
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby call2arms » June 23rd, 2011, 10:02 pm

Yay indeed!!!
“Your birth is a mistake you'll spend your whole life trying to correct.” Chuck Palahniuk

I love pus but I hate people.

I can say words like undifferentiated gonads now!
call2arms
Boys Stink

Postby BigDogBuford » October 9th, 2011, 1:29 pm

So Buford's leg healed up really nicely. We did some physical therapy and acupuncture and he's feeling pretty good!

On Wednesday I took him to work and while we were all watching a movie at lunch I noticed a large lump on the bottom of his right foot between his toes. Once I started poking around more it was looking bigger and bigger. Doc aspirated it and under the microscope it didn't look like mast cell. We didn't send the slide in to the lab because the mass needs to be removed and we'll just send that in. Because it's one of my dogs, of course the mass is going to be difficult at best to remove. The location will once again potentially cause healing issues. Doc is pretty sure he'll be able to do it without removing any toes. We have consultation tomorrow with Dash's surgeon just to get a second opinion. I wonder if the laser surgery will be better for this particular mass removal. If Dr. Fry thinks the laser is the way to go and I can afford it, then he's prepared to do the surgery tomorrow.

Wish us luck......Poor Big B. :(
~Jeanine

BigDogBuford
I love snipe hunts.

Postby Malli » October 9th, 2011, 2:53 pm

B :(

luck! good thoughts.
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day, tomorrow doesn't look good either.
E-I-E-I-O!

Postby pitbullmamaliz » October 9th, 2011, 4:35 pm

Poor kiddo. :( Good luck - tons of good thoughts for him!
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby plebayo » October 9th, 2011, 5:38 pm

Sending lots of good thoughts your way!
Suzanne
Seth, CGC & LiLo
♥♥Sofie - Always in my heart. ♥♥
plebayo
Mrs. Dr. Kildare

Postby pocketpit » October 9th, 2011, 6:16 pm

Good luck Buford, we hope things go well for you!
pocketpit
Supremely Bully

Postby Jenn » October 9th, 2011, 10:09 pm

:hug3: Good luck
I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not so sure....
Jenn
undecided

Postby BigDogBuford » October 10th, 2011, 4:23 pm

So we had our consultation today. Dr. Fry does think it would be beneficial to remove it with a laser so Buford is scheduled on Friday. We're anticipating some bandage changes but nothing like last time. We scheduled it out a couple of days so that we could run some lab work before the procedure. I'll keep you guys posted!
~Jeanine

BigDogBuford
I love snipe hunts.

Postby airwalk » October 11th, 2011, 12:09 am

We'll be sending good thoughts to Big B...
airwalk
I live here

Postby CinderDee » October 11th, 2011, 1:13 am

Sending positive thoughts to Buford! :hug3:
Dee
CinderDee
I'm The Bug Whisperer

Postby Malli » October 11th, 2011, 2:54 am

good thoughts for the big guy :heartbeat:
E-I-E-I-O!

PreviousNext

Return to Canine Cancer