Lucius is looking for a home (APT)

Postby ofthesun » January 25th, 2011, 6:23 pm

This is Lucius:
He is an APT that is around 4.5 yrs old and is currently looking for a new home. First and foremost I must say that placing him with someone is the last thing I want to do but it is necessary. Due to expenses, living arrangements and the fact that he spends most of his day in a crate I feel he will be better off with a new family.

He spends all that time in his crate due to a fight with my bulldog in October. I have been crating/rotating since. I was very lucky that we narrowly avoided vet visits for both as I would not have had the cash/credit to cover it! So him splitting the time "out" with the bulldog added to the time I am not home he is in his crate much more than I would prefer.

I have never known him to be dog aggressive in the least. He has never had an issue before or since (though as I said he is not allowed near the bulldog any more) and doesn't have any issues with any of the other (4) dogs in the house. I don't know if it is just because the bulldog is intact and it is some type of hormonal thing or what. Unfortunately I do not have the means to have a better kennel type setup that they could each be out and separate because I would do it.

On the brighter side he is an absolute joy otherwise. He behaves well on leash (even better if needed with a pinch), he never has any accidents in the house and will hold it as long as he needs to. He is crate trained (obviously) but a regular Vari-kennel will not hold him if he wants out. He absolutely loves to curl up on the couch and stay there all day. He will eat whatever food you put in his bowl and all of it. He does not do well on grain foods, he gets very dry flaky skin. He is a VERY fast runner and can jump pretty high as well. He respects fences (we have a 3 footer). No major health issues in the past. He will destroy most toys in a second (what pity wont), and occasionally he will get into something he shouldn't have and chew it up, but its a non issue if there isn't stuff laying around.

I am sure I am missing lots of other good info so feel free to ask me anything! Thanks for reading.
ofthesun
Just Whelped

Postby iluvk9 » January 25th, 2011, 8:41 pm

I love the black and white cookie look! Good luck Lucius!
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby CinderDee » January 26th, 2011, 7:16 pm

He's so handsome & sounds like a wonderful boy. Good luck Lucius!
Dee
CinderDee
I'm The Bug Whisperer

Postby SisMorphine » January 26th, 2011, 11:16 pm

Lucius is a sweetheart of a dog with the most ADORABLE face you've ever seen on a pit bull (his pics don't do him justice). He is definitely a people dog, would probably do well in therapy work if someone is looking for a therapy dog. And as with the other two, I know him well and am more than happy to officially eval for specific people if needed. He really is a sweet boy.
"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another." -Anatole France
SisMorphine
They're like service dogs gone wrong.

Postby ofthesun » June 29th, 2011, 8:14 pm

Lucius is still looking for a home...
ofthesun
Just Whelped

Postby mnp13 » July 3rd, 2011, 10:04 am

does he have any protection training?
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby SisMorphine » July 8th, 2011, 12:13 pm

He does not. We tried him a couple of times and he's just not cut out for it. Too sweet, not a lot of edge. LOL!

I know he IS a flirt pole fiend and that boy is a high flyer so I'm sure he'd enjoy agility.
"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another." -Anatole France
SisMorphine
They're like service dogs gone wrong.

Return to Rescue