Hi, everyone

Please tell us about yourself! You will not be able to post on the rest of the board until you have posted here

Postby Red and Brown » August 1st, 2011, 2:01 pm

My name is Jason. My wife, Mary, and I live in Oklahoma, with our two kids Mercy and Cody. I dont know how to show pictures of them yet, but I can tell you mercy is red and cody is brown (and white). Cody also happens to be tubular toby's big brother, I say big brother because while they are litter mates cody is about twice the size of toby. We don't belong to any other forums or groups, we only recently moved to an apartment, and finally have internet.
I cant even remember when I first wanted to get a pitbull, but I do remember when Mercy was born. My mother-in-law had a red male named Zeke, and a female brendal called Zorba. Zorba actually lived with us for awhile, she had been abused as a puppy, and the damage from this abuse was obvious. She had a very untrustworthy demeanor, most people were terrified of her, and she was known to nip, never drawing blood but just enough to let you know she could. So rather than let her get put down we offered to take her and work with her. I loved Zorba, as did my wife, she never showed any aggression to us in any way. We had her for about a year, when we had to move and could not take her with us. So we took her back to my mother-in-laws, a new dog, she would still occasionly creep people out but she never bit anyone or scared anyone after that. If nothing else I really hope her time with us showed her that not all people are untrustworthy.
About a year later, we were in a position to give a pittbull the attention they need, and were casually looking around for the right addition to our family, when we got a call that Zorba was pregnant. We drove to Phoenix the week after Zorba had her litter, and upon entering the room we were immediatly greeted by Zorba, who was proudly showing off her kids. One was small and the color of fire, Zorba seemed to keep her seperate from the rest and gave her more attention, playing and loving on this one puppy over the others. That puppy would later come to be known as Mercy. a few weeks later we ended up taking mercy and Zorba home with us. Zorba was a great mother and freind to mercy but about a year later she was diagnosed with cancer, and we were forced to send her back to phoenix, after a short battle Zorba was laid to rest, but Mercy (the last surviving member of her litter) is still going strong, she is five now.

Cody was the last of his litter to find a home, first my mom got his brother Bouncer, then my brother got another of the brothers from the litter, Toby. I kept Toby for a few weeks while they moved and we got really attatched to him, but he had to go home (he eventually ended up with my sister), we were so heartbroken that my brother decided to go bak and get the last puppy and surprise us with him. I can't lie, when we first saw Cody, I thought "that is the ugliest puppy I have ever seen", he was hunch backed and kinda retarded looking, but we loved him anyway, as he grew he became more handsome, and now he is a gorgeous giant.

Our life has been hectic lately and because of moving we havent been able to keep up with training, but now that we are in a more permanent place we are looking forward to the training and bonding that comes with it.

Well thats about it, looking forward to getting to know you
Red and Brown
Just Whelped

Postby pitbullmamaliz » August 1st, 2011, 4:29 pm

"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby Pit♥bull » August 1st, 2011, 8:19 pm

Welcome Jason :wave2:

This board is over run with the female gender, glad to see ya here. :)
Pit♥bull
Supremely Bully

Postby pitsnok » August 1st, 2011, 11:43 pm

So are you kristen's brother? or are just the dogs related? haha...

Where in Oklahoma do you live? I'm in Edmond, and grew up in Stillwater!
~Brittany, Degan and Harlow's mom

"It is true that Pit Bulls grab and hold on. But what they most often grab and refuse to let go of is your heart, not your arm."
pitsnok
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby Tubular Toby » August 2nd, 2011, 2:55 am

Yay yay yay! Jason is just starting clicker training with his dogs, too! So far I hear it's a success. =)
-Kristen
Owned by Totally Tubular Toby

Buy the ticket, take the ride

http://tubular-toby.blogspot.com/
Tubular Toby
Confident Young Bully

Postby madremissy » August 2nd, 2011, 9:56 am

Welcome Jason and crew :)
madremissy
I have a basketball and I'm not afraid to use it.

Postby Jenn » August 2nd, 2011, 11:06 am

Welcome :)
I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not so sure....
Jenn
undecided

Postby iluvk9 » August 6th, 2011, 7:39 am

:wave2: Welcome to the forum. :)

Try this for how to post photos: viewtopic.php?t=1536

Pit♥bull wrote:This board is over run with the female gender, glad to see ya here. :)

Maybe your wife would like to join? Just to piss Bob off. :wink:
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Return to Introductions