Life With My Dog

This is where to talk about Pit Bulls!

Postby plebayo » June 15th, 2011, 11:20 pm

I went over to my parents today and they have a chain link fence around the property. A plastic bag flew halfway under the gate. I saw Seth sniffing at it but he came to me when I walked outside. I told him to get it, he went to grab it and LiLo got all snarly and started playing tug of war with it! I took the bag away and gave them an actual toy to play with - but it was pretty funny watching them play with the bag.
Suzanne
Seth, CGC & LiLo
♥♥Sofie - Always in my heart. ♥♥
plebayo
Mrs. Dr. Kildare

Postby amalie79 » July 29th, 2011, 11:31 pm

Luna has started stalking Robin out in the yard-- like a border collie giving the eye. She crouches and slinks over slowly and quietly...maybe baby girl's got some herder lurking in there. But instead of herding Robin, she tackles her neck. It's too, too cute. :dance:
"In these bodies, we will live; in these bodies we will die.
Where you invest your love, you invest your life." --Marcus Mumford

--Amalie
amalie79
Loyally Bully

Postby TheRedQueen » July 31st, 2011, 9:27 pm

amalie79 wrote:Luna has started stalking Robin out in the yard-- like a border collie giving the eye. She crouches and slinks over slowly and quietly...maybe baby girl's got some herder lurking in there. But instead of herding Robin, she tackles her neck. It's too, too cute. :dance:

The pit bulls and other breeds in my house play the stalking game *way* more than my herders...I have a golden client that crouches for his tennis balls...lol
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen
I thought I lost my Wiener... but then I found him.

Postby amalie79 » August 1st, 2011, 9:53 am

It's so funny-- she skulks around the yard in that BC "eye" posture and heads off Robin when she starts running instead of chasing her, she sidles up to her side to bump her into a new direction. And then they wrestle. :)

But I think Robin's finally a little tired of having Luna lounging on top of her all the time. Luna snuggles up on her, and Robin gives a stink eye, then gets up and moves to the other side of the bed lol At least the little one takes the hint and doesn't follow her. And now Luna sleeps in her crate at night so everyone can get a nice relaxing break-- at least, it's relaxing after Luna stops whining, crying, and making throttled baby noises. 8)
"In these bodies, we will live; in these bodies we will die.
Where you invest your love, you invest your life." --Marcus Mumford

--Amalie
amalie79
Loyally Bully

Postby plebayo » August 10th, 2011, 12:38 am

I think Seth lost a few brainh cells when he came out of the birth canal.

Today my coworkers and I let our dogs at so that would be LiLo, Seth, Mojo, and Shadow. Seth started sniffing the handicap parking sign [which is in our "lawn" which hasn't grown yet] and my coworkers dog Shadow lifted her leg and started peeing and Seth stuck his head right under her! He didn't even seem phased!

Now everyone's dogs have been christened by Shadow. The same thing happened to LiLo and Mojo in their younger years. Needless to say it was really funny even though it was gross.
Suzanne
Seth, CGC & LiLo
plebayo
Mrs. Dr. Kildare

Postby call2arms » August 10th, 2011, 11:59 am

There has been a lot of peeing on each other around here, too (sadly). Iggy isn't quite peeing like a big boy yet - will ift a leg once in a blue moon but crouches most of the time.

Unfortunately, ha also has a pretty powerful jet (he only pees once a walk, on the same spot every time), and he consistently pees on his front legs.

Unless Jack happens to stick his head between Iggy's front legs and gets his face pissed on, and doesn't even care. :doh:

Yes, they're smart.

Iggy has been known to urinate on his own face if sniffing something and peeing at once.
“Your birth is a mistake you'll spend your whole life trying to correct.” Chuck Palahniuk

I love pus but I hate people.

I can say words like undifferentiated gonads now!
call2arms
Boys Stink

Postby mnp13 » August 10th, 2011, 12:48 pm

My parent's Pomeranian, Drake, is in love with Ruby. He follows her around, he jumps all over the place play bowing, he whines and barks and does everything he can to get her attention. Back in June, she was ignoring him as usual, so he lifted his leg on her. My mom got to give her a bath.
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby Pit♥bull » August 10th, 2011, 4:45 pm

Duke filled my shoe once, we were over 100 miles from home. :puke:
Pit♥bull
Supremely Bully

Postby mnp13 » September 8th, 2011, 4:28 pm

Riggs is so lazy in the morning that today when he threw up some bone, he didn't even bother to get out of his bed. He just turned his head and puked over the side of it.
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby Malli » September 8th, 2011, 7:12 pm

the question is, did he puke on the carpet? 95% of Oscar's pukes are on the carpet. I mean really, he couldn't just walk to the hard floor?
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day, tomorrow doesn't look good either.
E-I-E-I-O!

Postby mnp13 » September 8th, 2011, 9:55 pm

Nope, over the side of his bed, onto the bed that's under it. (he sleeps on two stacked)

They always aim for beds, chairs, rugs and cushions... never the floor why would they do that????
Michelle

mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby hugapitbull » September 9th, 2011, 5:30 am

I guess I had the PERFECT dog, Trouble always ran for the back door and almost always made it to the tile.
Shanna & Spirit Trouble
We beat osteosarcoma - 27 months 20 days cancer free
'Spirit' Trouble departed for the Bridge 3/16/2011 a victim of aging
Visit - http://k9cancer.org

Any fool can criticize, condemn, and complain--and most fools do. ~Dale Carnegie
hugapitbull
The Better Half

Postby iluvk9 » September 9th, 2011, 5:56 am

Truman had an upset stomach last night and while outside he was puking. But he does it lying down all the time, which I am thinking must be harder. The sound he makes is literally like Chewbacca from Star Wars. It's very loud and very deep sounding. Last time he was gacking out there, my neighbor behind my house asked me if I heard "that horrible noise like a whale in heat".
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby plebayo » September 9th, 2011, 9:40 am

mnp13 wrote:Nope, over the side of his bed, onto the bed that's under it. (he sleeps on two stacked)

They always aim for beds, chairs, rugs and cushions... never the floor why would they do that????

I think they worry about the splatter factor. Who wants to be covered in puke? If you puke on a soft surface at least there will be minimal splatter.

iluvk9 wrote:Truman had an upset stomach last night and while outside he was puking. But he does it lying down all the time, which I am thinking must be harder. The sound he makes is literally like Chewbacca from Star Wars. It's very loud and very deep sounding. Last time he was gacking out there, my neighbor behind my house asked me if I heard "that horrible noise like a whale in heat".

LOL you need to record it!
Suzanne
Seth, CGC & LiLo
plebayo
Mrs. Dr. Kildare

Postby iluvk9 » September 9th, 2011, 10:13 am

plebayo wrote:LOL you need to record it!

I will, next time. 8)
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby mnp13 » September 9th, 2011, 10:48 am

plebayo wrote:I think they worry about the splatter factor. Who wants to be covered in puke? If you puke on a soft surface at least there will be minimal splatter.

When I have enough warning, I try to find something to stuff their head into... lol

I've held Ruby's head in a garbage can many times, it's much easier to deal with that way - though somehow she manages to fight with me to get away while puking. :rolleyes2:
Michelle

mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby Malli » September 9th, 2011, 8:47 pm

iluvk9 wrote: Last time he was gacking out there, my neighbor behind my house asked me if I heard "that horrible noise like a whale in heat".

:spit:

what a creative description!
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day, tomorrow doesn't look good either.
E-I-E-I-O!

Postby call2arms » September 10th, 2011, 5:28 pm

Being a technician has it's perks, and not so great moments. Granted, I never like to express anal glands. But Jack has never needed them emptied, he's fine.

Iggy, on the other hand, had fish breath from licking his butt all the time, so I caved in and brought him into work on wednesday night (NO way I'm expressing him in my kitchen!!!). Unfortunately it was late, and the girls were done already, so I couldn't get someone else to do it while I hold. I have a real problem with sticking a finger up there, on my own dog. It was dreadful. My boyfriend was holding Iggy, and was terrified I'd get him covered in anal gland juice, and it was stinky, and full, and groooooooss. :puke: After much rear cleaning, rinsing, perfuming and mousse-ing, we were on our way home.

I truly hope, for both Iggy's comfort and my own sanity, that he doesn't become one of those once-a-month anal gland emptying dogs.
“Your birth is a mistake you'll spend your whole life trying to correct.” Chuck Palahniuk

I love pus but I hate people.

I can say words like undifferentiated gonads now!
call2arms
Boys Stink

Postby hugapitbull » September 11th, 2011, 12:10 pm

After 28 months, Duke rolled over on his back and exposed his belly to me this morning for the first time. I was shocked, but recovered quickly enough to give him a good belly rub!

Do we have a new normal? :|
Shanna & Spirit Trouble
We beat osteosarcoma - 27 months 20 days cancer free
'Spirit' Trouble departed for the Bridge 3/16/2011 a victim of aging
Visit - http://k9cancer.org

Any fool can criticize, condemn, and complain--and most fools do. ~Dale Carnegie
hugapitbull
The Better Half

Postby Tubular Toby » September 11th, 2011, 1:18 pm

hugapitbull wrote:After 28 months, Duke rolled over on his back and exposed his belly to me this morning for the first time. I was shocked, but recovered quickly enough to give him a good belly rub!

Do we have a new normal? :|

:bounce: I remember the first time Toby did that! Now he's always rolling over next to me and wallowing until I rub his belly. Haha
-Kristen
Owned by Totally Tubular Toby

Buy the ticket, take the ride

http://tubular-toby.blogspot.com/
Tubular Toby
Confident Young Bully

PreviousNext

Return to Pit Bull Talk