Goodbye my friend

Postby BullyLady » September 14th, 2011, 6:55 pm

Sleep sweetly, Christine. I am sad for the vacuum you will leave in our lives, but so happy that you are with Jessica and Mick again.
"I'm not all bad but I'm a faithful sinner."
~Dave Matthews
Cathleen
Shelby - AB Mix 1 yr - CGC
BullyLady
Proud Uber Nerd

Postby DemoDick » September 14th, 2011, 6:59 pm

Christine was the most unfailingly generous and selfless person I have ever encountered. My condolences to her family for their loss, and to us for ours as well. She deserved more time than she was allotted.

Demo Dick
"My first priority will be to reinstate the assault weapons ban PERMANENTLY as soon as I take office...I intend to work with Congress on a national no carry law, 1 gun a month purchase limits, and bans on all semi-automatic guns."-Barack Obama
"When in doubt, whip it out."-Nuge
DemoDick
They Like to Fondle My Gun

Postby HappyChick » September 14th, 2011, 7:34 pm

I will always remember Christine asking me over again if she could help with Vinny's cancer treatment. When I finally said yes, I was shocked and humbled at her generosity. She was Vinny's angel.

Now Vinny's angel is truly an angel in Heaven.

My sympathy to Christine's family, human and canine.
Angie & crew

http://www.epitome-dog-rescue.org

My beloved Vincenzo 07/22/05 - 11/16/09 forever in my heart. Cancer sucks.
HappyChick
Loyally Bully

Postby Hundilein » September 14th, 2011, 8:45 pm

Schlaf schoen, my friend. Sleep sweetly. Know that you were loved by many and will be greatly missed.

I still remember the day a giant box arrived at the shelter I worked at in Alabama, marked to my attention. It was literally big enough that I could have fit inside with room to spare. And it was filled to the brim with cat toys and beds. You see, I had made an offhand comment here on PBT about it being rough for the cats at the shelter and Christine, being who she was, asked me why and then asked for the shelter's address. I'm sure she had no idea how many cats she made happy that day. And I'll never forget the look on Jody's face when I showed her the loot. You see, Jody took care of the cats. She was our resident "cat person" and she grinned from ear to ear to see all the cats playing that day. Jody had a rather difficult life and seeing her so happy warmed my heart.
Sarah and Renee - aka wild child
Hundilein
Loyally Bully

Postby katiek0417 » September 14th, 2011, 10:24 pm

Gone, but never forgotten. Missed, but always in our hearts. A single soul who has touched the lives of so many. Her words, her kindness, her endless unselfishness...if all people could be even half the person Christine was, the world would be a better place.

The world lost a most beautiful soul with the loss of Christine. Her loss has left a huge void in the hearts of her family and those whose lives she touched. I truly believe that her beautiful daughter, Jessica, and beloved friend, Mick, were waiting for her as she entered the gates of heaven. Heaven has gained one of the most beautiful angels that has ever graced this earth.

I am thankful that God allowed me to know Christine.

Caroline, your mom was very loved, and she will be missed. My thoughts and prayers are with you during this difficult time.

Michelle, thank you so very much for calling me today to share this news.
"Rumor has it, compulsion is evil."

Katrina
Sacha CGC - Dumb Lab
Nisha CGC, PDC, PSA TC, PSA 1 - Crazy Malinois
Drusilla SLUT- Pet
Nemo - Dual-Purpose Narcotics
Cy TC, PSA 1, PSA 2, 2009 PSA Level 3 National Champion
Axo - Psycho Puppy
Rocky - RIP My Baby Boy
katiek0417
pointy ear hoarder

Postby cheekymunkee » September 14th, 2011, 11:31 pm

Her heart is now whole again. I truly believe she died from her broken heart. She looks so frail in that picture, I had no idea. I cannot find the words to say what she meant to me, what she did for me and how much I appreciated her friendship. The last time we "talked" I sent her a hug in a Face book pm, she sent one back and that was all that needed to be said. We hadnt talked in a while but she was the kind of friend that you didnt need words, you just knew.
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby TheRedQueen » September 15th, 2011, 7:44 am

I just feel like I have nothing to add...everyone has said it so well.

It's rare to meet someone with a heart so pure, someone so giving, so willing to help everyone out...whether it was animal or human.
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen
I thought I lost my Wiener... but then I found him.

Postby amalie79 » September 15th, 2011, 9:18 am

Nothing to say that hasn't been said.

She was so kind to me, and so honest and giving with her advice and her own story.
"In these bodies, we will live; in these bodies we will die.
Where you invest your love, you invest your life." --Marcus Mumford

--Amalie
amalie79
Loyally Bully

Postby Emi » September 15th, 2011, 10:22 am

Oh, my gosh, i've no words to express my feelings.

Except to say our community has lost a true friend an Angel to our bullies. She always had a kind word for some one, and always was ready to help some one when they needed help.

When my niece was hurt she had words of kindness and thoughts for our family.

She truely gave from the heart. I also believe she had a broken heart from loosing both Jessica and Mick.

When Mick was so sick there at the end, I had gotten her address from another member, and sent Mick a bunch of toys. And her response of thanks was to send Miss Dottie a pendent of a Angel to put on her collar, and Miss Dottie still wears it to this day. Such a thoughtful gesture.

She'll always be our bullies Angel. And now she is truely a Angel above us.

Christine thank you for all you have done for us down here. Now be happy up there. Rest in peace dear one.

And again thank you from the bottom of our hearts down here from ... Earl, Emi, Percy, and esp Miss Dottie. With much love.
You can say any foolish thing to a dog, and the dog will give you a look that says, 'Wow, you're right! I never would've thought of that!'
- Dave Barry
Emi
Full of Bully

Postby Moe » September 15th, 2011, 10:51 am

Oh Christine, even tho I never had the honor of actually meeting you it was like I already knew you...A person so pure of heart and kind....it was an honor knowing you...you did so many great things for many people...I will miss you so much! Even tho I haven't posted here in so long, you would still wish me a happy birthday and talk with me on facebook, I appreciated that so very much....you where and angel here on earth and now up in the heavens...I know you are happy with mick and Jessica...I kept thinking about you so much and was planning on doing another portrait of jess & mick for you when I had gotten back from Texas as a surprise for you...I know you would have loved it...as I sit here balling in my work truck, my heart struck in pain...I know your at rest, and relieved of all your pain...I will miss you sweet angel and friend...your spirit will live on I'm many of us and you will never ever be forgotten...:'(
You laugh because I'm different...........
I laugh cause I just farted!
Moe
The Dog Whisperererer

Postby babyreba » September 15th, 2011, 10:28 pm

oh no. i'm so saddened and sorry to read this. i'm not an active member of this community, but oddly, just like hoyden, christine had been on my mind for some reason lately, and i actually had logged in here to see if she'd posted lately. and tonight i saw this.

i was not close to her, as many of you were, i just knew her casually from posts on the forum, and i knew that she'd worked so hard for mick, and then sort of followed her training with sepp and faust. she had sent me a harness a while back, which we still use for tucker (we call it his "adventure" harness, because he's a big baby who has this nice, durable working dog sort of harness) and we used it at the beach last week and i remember thinking of her when we put it on him.

again, didn't know her like you guys did, but she touched us as well ... it's sort of surreal to see this. rest well, christine, you were definitely a caring and giving person.
babyreba
Supremely Bully

Postby pitsnok » September 16th, 2011, 2:25 am

She had been on my mind, too. Just a couple of days ago I was thinking of sending her some mail... a card or drawing or something... not for any reason in particular, for some reason it just crossed my mind. I'm sad that I won't have the opportunity now, and that I didn't do so while I still did.

Thanks for posting the picture, Shanna. It is only the second one I've ever seen of her. Even though she was frail, she looks happy to be in the company of good friends.

I just keep thinking how amazing it is that someone most of us have never even met in person could have such an impact on our lives. I wasn't even as close with her as I know many were, but I can definitely say that I learned a lot from Christine, and will never forget her or her heart of gold.
~Brittany, Degan and Harlow's mom

"It is true that Pit Bulls grab and hold on. But what they most often grab and refuse to let go of is your heart, not your arm."
pitsnok
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby dragonfly » September 16th, 2011, 9:37 am

Goodbye my friend i will miss you :(
dragonfly
Just Whelped

Postby pitbullmamaliz » September 16th, 2011, 10:11 am

pitsnok wrote:I just keep thinking how amazing it is that someone most of us have never even met in person could have such an impact on our lives. I wasn't even as close with her as I know many were, but I can definitely say that I learned a lot from Christine, and will never forget her or her heart of gold.

This is just so perfect and so true.
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby turtle » September 16th, 2011, 5:56 pm

I am very sorry to read this… I only knew Christine thru her on line posts but I admired her greatly. She put her heart into everything she did.

I read of her battles with Mick’s cancer and her loss of both Jessica and Mick in such a short time was heart breaking. Yet she kept a brave front and was always helpful, I enjoyed her posts. I wish I had known her better.

You all have said it far better than I. But I am very sorry she is gone and the world seems a darker place with her loss… RIP Christine, you touched many lives and will be missed.
-------------------------------------------------------

I may be slow but I get there - a turtle's motto
turtle
Loyally Bully

Postby Ino » September 18th, 2011, 10:06 pm

I am so sorry to hear of Christine's passing. She always had kind words for everyone and was a support to many. I will miss the pics of her boys on here and facebook. She had the happiest crew and the biggest heart. RIP Christine. :cry:
Ino
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby HappyPuppy » September 19th, 2011, 11:18 am

Gosh....... I have been missing her presence since things changed awhile ago for her - I'd look randomly for signs of her posting and there were none for a time.... Then she was back a little bit and it was so nice to hear her voice and her wisdom and know she was back among us. I will miss the spirit within her that shared so much with the rest of us. I know I am better for the limited forum contact I had with her - a special one, that one.
Ruby Underfoot, CGC
HappyPuppy
Supremely Bully

Postby mnp13 » September 19th, 2011, 5:21 pm

http://www.hartsellfh.com/fh/obituaries ... h_id=12058

Christine Bridget Chemnitz, 49, of Concord, NC passed away on Tuesday, September 13, 2011.

Ms. Chemnitz was born on February 25, 1962 in Mainz, Germany to Erwin Kuppetz and Waltraud Ingeborg Chemnitz of Germany. She is preceded in death by her father; daughter, Jessica Chemnitz; and beloved dog, Mickey.

There are no services at this time.

She is survived by her daughter, Caroline Depaz; son, Amin Chemnitz; and mother, Waltraud Chemnitz of Germany.

Memorials may be made to Clackamas County Dog Services, 13141 SE Hwy. 212, Clackamas, OR 97015 c/o In Memory of Christine Chemnitz.

Hartsell Funeral Home of Concord is serving the Chemnitz family.
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby cheekymunkee » September 19th, 2011, 8:58 pm

Thank you Christine, for everything :cry:
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby copperlegend » September 19th, 2011, 10:22 pm

May you finally rest in peace, Christine.
Joanna
Proud 'failed foster'
Nadia -APBT mix
CarreraKitty - feline extraordinaire
copperlegend
Snot Nose Bully Pup

PreviousNext

Return to Our Departed Friends