Opinions on Rimadyl, long term use

Food, Fitness and how to keep them healthy.

Postby call2arms » September 3rd, 2011, 10:42 am

Lies! lol I spoke to the Novartis rep yesterday, actually Deramaxx comes to be cheaper (the bigger the dog, the bigger the difference) than Metacam, and is active in the system after 1.5 hours, rather than 2.5 to 7 hours (but that's their data). And indeed, less gastric side effects - apparently it's not a problem to give Deramaxx to a dog without a meal. :|

My sister's dog was on Sasha's blend for the longest time, she liked it and tought it made a difference.
“Your birth is a mistake you'll spend your whole life trying to correct.” Chuck Palahniuk

I love pus but I hate people.

I can say words like undifferentiated gonads now!
call2arms
Boys Stink

Postby iluvk9 » September 3rd, 2011, 11:44 am

call2arms wrote:My sister's dog was on Sasha's blend for the longest time, she liked it and tought it made a difference.

Good to hear another positive result story. :)
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby iluvk9 » September 22nd, 2011, 3:33 pm

Truman has been on Sasha's Blend since 9/9. That means 2 weeks tomorrow. I see an improvement. :)

He doesn't hobble when he gets up. He hasn't limped on any of his legs.

It says to work your way up to 1.5 tsp. for his size. I am only up to 1 tsp. and see this a positive already.
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby hugapitbull » September 22nd, 2011, 6:31 pm

Wonderful news for Truman!
Shanna & Spirit Trouble
We beat osteosarcoma - 27 months 20 days cancer free
'Spirit' Trouble departed for the Bridge 3/16/2011 a victim of aging
Visit - http://k9cancer.org

Any fool can criticize, condemn, and complain--and most fools do. ~Dale Carnegie
hugapitbull
The Better Half

Postby iluvk9 » September 22nd, 2011, 6:50 pm

He even is allowed to TROT a little around the yard. I was always so careful because one "galump" and he was limping.
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby madremissy » September 22nd, 2011, 7:54 pm

Great update!!!!
madremissy
I have a basketball and I'm not afraid to use it.

Postby BigDogBuford » September 22nd, 2011, 8:23 pm

I use an herbal product called Pain Plus for Buford and it's working really well.
~Jeanine

You never know when it will strike, but there comes a moment at work when you know that you just aren't going to do anything productive for the rest of the day.
BigDogBuford
I love snipe hunts.

Postby iluvk9 » September 23rd, 2011, 5:43 am

BigDogBuford wrote:I use an herbal product called Pain Plus for Buford and it's working really well.

Right now I am happy with mine, (and bought lots of it because it comes from Austrialia(?) with a distributor in Canada), and but thanks for another product name.
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby plebayo » September 23rd, 2011, 12:12 pm

Yay for a gOod update. Where do you order the sasha's from? (if it says in this thread, sorry, I'm on my phone). I'm always looking for things for Lilo, the adequan does a great job but an oral supplement would be good too.
Suzanne
Seth, CGC & LiLo
♥♥Sofie - Always in my heart. ♥♥
plebayo
Mrs. Dr. Kildare

Postby iluvk9 » September 23rd, 2011, 4:20 pm

Suzanne, the supplier for the US is: 1-416-707-8731. You call and leave a number and the man calls you back.

Be aware! I almost ordered Sashas Blend from a NON recognized source because the price was lower. Mallika saw what I was ordering and said the container didn't look right. Sure enough, it could have been a major mistake. :shock: Not only freshness and potency, but their ability to ship it to me. SO, I suggest you only order from a recognized distributor, of which I think there is ONLY one for the US.
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby iluvk9 » September 23rd, 2011, 4:32 pm

This is the US website:

http://www.sashasusa.com/index.php
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Previous

Return to Nutrition & Health