"I never thought I'd be this close to a pit bull..."

This is where to talk about Pit Bulls!

Postby TheRedQueen » September 19th, 2011, 9:18 am

We were at the fundraiser for my foster, Stone, this weekend at the local pet store. My other foster pit bull, Flower, was there also (looking for a home!) They were romping around the store, off leash at one point, customers were coming and going. One woman stopped, and was petting them...squatted down on the floor for them to both give her kisses.

She said..."so what kind of dogs are these?"

I responded..."they're both pit bulls...Stone is a year old, and Flower is 6 months old"

She straightened up a bit, but didn't get up...and looked at me and said..."I never thought I'd be this close to a pit bull...I believed the media reports and stuff..." She trailed off and looked back down at the two goofballs, trying to outdo themselves in getting closest to her so they could lick her face.

We all laughed and said...yeah, they're only dangerous if you were worried about being smothered with kisses, or tripped because they're trying to stop you for more petting.

She left the store with her bag of food, and a BIG smile on her face.
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen
I thought I lost my Wiener... but then I found him.

Postby homebrwd » September 19th, 2011, 10:50 am

Thats awesome, I love getting that type of reaction from people.
homebrwd
Just Whelped

Postby pitbullmamaliz » September 19th, 2011, 11:03 am

:clap:
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby Malli » September 19th, 2011, 1:29 pm

pitbullmamaliz wrote: :clap:

Nice work Erin, Stone, and Flower!
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day, tomorrow doesn't look good either.
E-I-E-I-O!

Postby iluvk9 » September 19th, 2011, 2:46 pm

:)

Too bad she wasn't also looking to adopt! That would have been the icing on the homemade dog biscuit.
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby plebayo » September 19th, 2011, 9:14 pm

That is really great. Good job Stone and Flower for being good breed ambassadors. Hopefully that gal will spread the word about her good experience.
Suzanne
Seth, CGC & LiLo
♥♥Sofie - Always in my heart. ♥♥
plebayo
Mrs. Dr. Kildare

Postby alyssa_arden » September 20th, 2011, 8:40 pm

AWESOME!!! Your fosters are doing great work in the name of their breed just by being themselves! :D
alyssa_arden
Just Whelped

Postby SisMorphine » September 21st, 2011, 12:20 am

Love It!!!
"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another." -Anatole France
SisMorphine
They're like service dogs gone wrong.

Postby puppylove » October 12th, 2011, 8:04 pm

I was walking my dog today down a road, when we approached a sign flipper. My Sweetie Pie went right up to him to check him out and get some pets. He asked what kind of dog she was, and I told him she was a pitbull. He said "Oh really?? She doesn't look ferocious at all!!" I said "That's because she's NOT." I said a few things, one of them being that if you are mean to ANY dog, or keep them on a chain outside on the concrete for hours at a time and pay little attention to them, it will probably be aggressive. After I talked to him for a bit, I think he got the picture that not all pitbulls are "ferocious"...me on the other hand..... :dance:

I can't believe people actually think like that. In my opinion it's doggy racism :(
puppylove
Just Whelped

Postby TheRedQueen » October 13th, 2011, 5:42 pm

puppylove wrote:I was walking my dog today down a road, when we approached a sign flipper. My Sweetie Pie went right up to him to check him out and get some pets. He asked what kind of dog she was, and I told him she was a pitbull. He said "Oh really?? She doesn't look ferocious at all!!" I said "That's because she's NOT." I said a few things, one of them being that if you are mean to ANY dog, or keep them on a chain outside on the concrete for hours at a time and pay little attention to them, it will probably be aggressive. After I talked to him for a bit, I think he got the picture that not all pitbulls are "ferocious"...me on the other hand..... :dance:

:cheer: :clap:

Yea!!!! Good job you two!
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen
I thought I lost my Wiener... but then I found him.

Return to Pit Bull Talk