BIG Oops.

Everything that doesn't fit anywhere else!

Postby fenella » November 3rd, 2011, 11:08 pm

Well, I made a REALLY big oops. I learned never to put a Jack Russell into a vari kennel that contains a sleeping cat. :o
Thankfully, everyone is ok, but they were in there together for over an hour. How did this happen? I have no idea. I was moving the crate all around and put toys in there. Didn't see or feel the cat curled up on the blanket inside. About 5 minutes later, I heard barking (not unusual), and then some hissing (also not unusual, as sometimes Nella will hiss from the outside of the crate if Digit is inside staring at her. Then it was silent, so I didn't think a thing of it. When I went up to let Digit out, imagine my surprise when Nella came bounding out after her.
I can laugh at my stupidity because no one was even slightly hurt, but BOY could that have ended badly!
fenella
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby Malli » November 3rd, 2011, 11:39 pm

holy crap :shock:

glad everyone was ok!
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day, tomorrow doesn't look good either.
E-I-E-I-O!

Postby fenella » November 3rd, 2011, 11:43 pm

Me, too. Digit (the dog) is now curled up on the couch and Nella (the cat) is sleeping on the armrest. BTW, Digit has only been here 2 weeks. Luckily, Nella is VERY dog savvy and put her in her place day one. She rules EVERYONE. But yes...it could have been VERY, VERY bad.

Another oops: This was supposed to be in off-topic. Just realized I put it in the gallery section. I need sleep, I guess.
fenella
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby BigDogBuford » November 3rd, 2011, 11:52 pm

Man, I did that exact same thing. I was watching this little terrier thing and she was refusing to go into her crate so I kind of shoved her in. Almost instantly there was a serious shuffling and thrashing about in there. I waited for her to calm down and when she didn't I opened up the crate door and my cat Rodan zipped out like his ass was on fire. Whew! Luckily it all happened pretty quick but now I always check the crates for kitties!
~Jeanine

You never know when it will strike, but there comes a moment at work when you know that you just aren't going to do anything productive for the rest of the day.
BigDogBuford
I love snipe hunts.

Postby TheRedQueen » November 4th, 2011, 9:00 am

Damn cats! *shakes fist* Mine LOVE soft-sided crates, so whenever I set one up indoors, it's guaranteed that I have a cat/dog combo inside.

Good for Miss Digit and Nella though...hard to be cooped up with someone you barely know! :)
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen
I thought I lost my Wiener... but then I found him.

Postby mnp13 » November 4th, 2011, 9:51 am

I've done that - but with Ruby and Riggs!!

When the cat is in the crate, they will not go in... no matter what I say or do, they aren't moving.

I'm glad everything is ok!
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Return to Off-Topic