Gator

Postby TinaMartin » January 24th, 2012, 9:46 am

Sadly last night we chose to let Gator go. :cry: We were no longer able to give him the quality of life he so deserved. Medication was no longer working and Dr. Givler was not able to find any more viable options for treatment. Gator can now play with Phoenix, Cinder and Patches while he waits for us. I hope he enjoys crapping everywhere he isn't suppose to, slobbering on lots of expensive clothing, and raising hell in general. The house is far to quiet and we miss him so much. After having so much of my life revolve around his needs I feel nothing but a huge gaping hole. Sorsha spent the night trying to make everything better for us.
Not only am I a member of the Michelle says my dog is fat club I'm the president!
I can Alpha Roll hair!
TinaMartin
The Hair Whisperer

Postby pitbullmamaliz » January 24th, 2012, 9:50 am

Oh god Tina, I am so so sorry. You gave him the best life possible.

RIP Gator... :(
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby mnp13 » January 24th, 2012, 12:28 pm

So so so sorry. You did EVERYTHING you could and more for him.
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby airwalk » January 24th, 2012, 4:30 pm

Tina, you loved him and gave him your very best. Sending you good thoughts.
airwalk
I live here

Postby TinaMartin » January 24th, 2012, 5:00 pm

Thank you guys. Still cant wrap my head around it.
Not only am I a member of the Michelle says my dog is fat club I'm the president!
I can Alpha Roll hair!
TinaMartin
The Hair Whisperer

Postby iluvk9 » January 24th, 2012, 5:44 pm

I am very sorry, Tina. Gator was so fortunate to have you caring for him.
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby TheRedQueen » January 24th, 2012, 6:15 pm

I'm so sorry Tina...*tears*...my thoughts are with you all...
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen
I thought I lost my Wiener... but then I found him.

Postby Malli » January 25th, 2012, 4:31 am

Sometimes they are just *too* broken :(
I didn't/don't know a lot about Gator, or all his particulars of his issues, but I think I can say in some small way I relate. Oscar, good boy that he is(mostly), has had a few "moments" throughout his life, and given us a couple glimpses into the life of an owner with difficult dog - it is an enormous weight and undertaking. The size of this weight and responsibility most definitely escalate with the size of the dog.
Although I've not met any of you, I'm quite certain, given all the compramises and changes you made to your lives in order to accomodate Gator, that he was truly loved.
I'm so sorry that you had to make this decision, and that you have such a large hole in your heart. I hope that Gator can find some peace.
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day, tomorrow doesn't look good either.
E-I-E-I-O!

Postby Jenn » January 25th, 2012, 1:01 pm

I am so sorry, Tina. :hug3:

RIP Gator :(
I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not so sure....
Jenn
undecided

Postby Emi » January 25th, 2012, 6:16 pm

So sorry Tina, RIP Gator
You can say any foolish thing to a dog, and the dog will give you a look that says, 'Wow, you're right! I never would've thought of that!'
- Dave Barry
Emi
Full of Bully

Postby amalie79 » January 26th, 2012, 9:18 pm

I am so sorry. I know a lot about life with a dog who is difficult in both spirit and health and you don't realize how much of your life is dedicated to them until they're gone.

I'm just so sorry. :(
"In these bodies, we will live; in these bodies we will die.
Where you invest your love, you invest your life." --Marcus Mumford

--Amalie
amalie79
Loyally Bully

Return to Our Departed Friends