Dottie going threw phase again ...

Food, Fitness and how to keep them healthy.

Postby Emi » February 3rd, 2006, 2:37 pm

Miss Dottie is going threw one of her "I don't want to eat " phases again , she drives me nutty when she does this ... some times i think she does it on purpose to drive me nuts lol
Emi
Full of Bully

Postby Maryellen » February 3rd, 2006, 2:39 pm

mine do that too.. i am not concerned when it happens, after a day or so they all start eating again....
Maryellen
I live here

Postby ParisStreetPitCrew » February 3rd, 2006, 3:08 pm

Grrr. I used to deal with that with Jasmine. She was also really picky, until she figured out that if she didn't eat when it was mealtime, she didn't eat. Tough love. She now gets out of bed as soon as she hears the food bowls. She'll eat whatever it is I'm feeding too... or she doesn't eat at all. No more fighting to get her out of bed in the morning for breakfast.
ParisStreetPitCrew
Devoutly Bully

Postby concreterose » February 3rd, 2006, 5:52 pm

When Pookie was young, she would regularly fast herself for a day or two. It's really nothing to worry about as long as they aren't sick. Some dogs just don't eat very much.
concreterose
Loyally Bully

Postby satanscheerleader » February 3rd, 2006, 6:38 pm

The day one of my dogs miss a meal, I will know there is something truely wrong with them. :shock:
satanscheerleader
Loyally Bully

Postby Purple » February 3rd, 2006, 9:09 pm

satanscheerleader wrote:The day one of my dogs miss a meal, I will know there is something truely wrong with them. :shock:

Mine, too.....
Purple
I live here

Postby turtle » February 5th, 2006, 12:40 am

My current dog loves her food but I have had others in the past who would eat less at certain times and sometimes would skip a day of eating. A day or two without eating won't hurt anything.
-------------------------------------------------------

I may be slow but I get there - a turtle's motto
turtle
Loyally Bully

Postby SisMorphine » February 5th, 2006, 9:16 am

Wally will go on a hunger strike every once in a while. Even though I worry because I'm a crazy over protective mother, I know I'm not supposed to as fasting is a normal doggy trait.
"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another." -Anatole France
SisMorphine
They're like service dogs gone wrong.

Postby cheekymunkee » February 5th, 2006, 2:49 pm

Purple wrote:
satanscheerleader wrote:The day one of my dogs miss a meal, I will know there is something truely wrong with them. :shock:

Mine, too.....

Add mine to that list
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Return to Nutrition & Health